Hello all and welcome to PC Boot Camp! This blog will be aimed at those that may have a limited understanding of how to get the most out of your computer. I will be starting with the basics, such as the inner workings of the average PC, upgrading your components, and programs that will help you get the most from your computer, among other things. For now, however, allow me to give you a little background on myself and my experience.
I am 30 years old, and am married with 2 children. I have a full time job (basically your average American guy), and I LOVE technology. From a very young age, I have always been fascinated by how things work. I used to drive my parents crazy by always taking stuff apart (such as my Nintendo and other toys), checking out the insides, and putting it back together. Sometime around the 3rd grade, I was exposed to my first true full blown computer, and I haven't looked back since. You know that guy in every family or circle of friends that everyone goes to for computer advice? Yeah, I'm THAT guy. In high school all the computer class teachers loved me because I would help them teach the class. But enough about my past, let's move on to my experience.
I built my first computer in 2007. Yes, I know, given what you've just read I should've done it well before that. Well, when you have other bills and interests (*cough*girls*cough*), other things tend to take a back seat. But my love for technology never went away, and once me and my wife started dating and I took care of my finances, I could settle down and get back to one of my oldest loves, the PC. Since then, I've built 4 PC's from scratch, and upgraded many others for friends and family. I'm constantly scouring the internet, looking for the next cool thing to come out, or to read about some new technology that will make everyone's life easier, or even some cool discovery in space (I've recently learned that I'm fascinated by astronomy as well).
So, that's it! Me in a nutshell. Over the course of this blog, I hope to help you learn how to get more from your computer. They are wonderful and powerful machines that can make your life much more convenient and entertaining, if you know how to tap that power. And if you do follow my blog, and have any suggestions on topics, layouts, etc. please don't hesitate to leave me a comment!
No comments:
Post a Comment